Coli Replacement ??

Hi Guys- Just about to replace the coil on my wife's 79 SB when it occurred to me that removing the bolts that hold the bracket to the tin might result in a nut dropping into an inaccessible place. Does anybody know if indeed the bolts that hold the coil bracket to the fan shroud have nuts on the back side? Or is it some kind of T- nut that stays in place??

I thought of simply inserting the new coil into the old bracket but the old coil is *frozen* in place...

Thanks-

GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

Ah...that should read Coil...not Coli. Duh!

Reply to
GaryT

There are no loose bolts for the coil in the shroud. No worries. Just undo and be happy.

Reply to
jjs

You should be able to loosen the existing bolts, hit the bracket around the coil with Liquid Wrench or PBlaster and slide it out.

Reply to
jjs

I appreciate the good info and quick reply-

Gary Bad Spellers of the World Untie!

Reply to
GaryT

Worked like a charm...thanks again. GaryT "

Reply to
GaryT