Deck Lid Bottom Standoff kit for Summer!

Here is a Deck Lid Bottom Standoff kit.

It looks a whole lot easier to install than the Upper Deck Lid Stand Off Kit.
I think the upper deck lid stand off kit would cool the engine better but, it would also allow more rain to get it in.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Your links are wrong.

Reply to
John Stafford

Here is a picture of a $0.88 lower standoff:

And here's another one, get three for $2.69:

Jan Andersson

I was just truing to help.

Reply to
Jim Ed

I posted that using Firefox, maybe that is why they 'are wrong' or do not work.

Reply to
Jim Ed

I like your links.

Those are what I usually use.

Reply to
Jim Ed

...not trying to be a know-it-all. I was just trying to be helpful.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Somewhere around here I have a picture of my lid stand-off. It came on a '58 I got years ago. It is very simple and economical, and a breeze to install.

But what year Bug do you have?

Reply to
John Stafford

I would really like to see it.

I have a 1973 Beetle.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Here is another deck lid stand off / prop=A0to prop open the bottom of early decklids. =A0=A0Price: $65 USD shipped It fits most pre 1964 Beetles.

I wish they had one that fit the later Beetles.

I also wish the price was not so steep.

------------------------ > Here is a Deck Lid Bottom Standoff kit.http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classif=ieds/detail.php?id=3D878850>

Reply to
Jim Ed

The links worked just fine for me. I used the upper stand offs on my 68 Bug and 71 Super with no issues with things getting wet. They were a pain to install. Andy

Reply to
The Busman