dial bore gauge

I wonder if anyone has had experience buying or using an off brand dial-bore gauge. I could really use one, as I have several engine projects that I need to spec out, but, I can't bring myself to spend several hundred on a name brand unit. I have seen a bunch of off-brand (probably taiwan or china) gauges on ebay going for around $50. What do you all think?

Reply to
Thomas M. Loos