dissemble generator stand from oilbreather

Hello NG! I have to remove the oil breather from the generator stand to tighen the bolt/nut on the generatorclamp. I remember that there is a original VW tool. Does anybody has a link to a drawing or so?

PS: Progress on my project:

from Denmark Michael

Reply to
MIC

Look in the Mechanical section of my web site for some ideas on this.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

...I'd forget about the original tool. Get the "deluxe" tool listed at this link...it is essential for this job and works very very well.

,...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Bye from Denmark

you can get one from:

aircooled.net/

cbperformance.com

geneberg.com

cip1.com

or from

Real Source

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

I use a large 4 corner EZ out. I never had much success with the "correct" tool. lol You tap it in with a hammer, and use a wrench to install or remove that nut.

BTW are you sure you need to remove oil breather to access gen clamp nut?

later, dave (One out of many daves) USA

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I have a carpenter's pry bar, the nail puller end is just the right size to fit the slot in the nut. Not an expensive tool but it works every time. Tim Klopfenstein

Reply to
Tim Klopfenstein
1" internal pipe wrench.
Reply to
bill may

Think I understand the concept, but what does it look like??

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

external splines with a 1" hex to put 1" wrench on that has a splined offset "wheel" that engages hole when turned in either clockwise or non clockwise direction. in other words it fits inside the hole in pipe/nut and the offset pice grabs/expands to turn it out or in.

Reply to
bill may

Thank you! Never seen one of those before, guess when I think of it, I might never have needed one either. Sounds like a nifty tool though..

Thanks.

Jørn.

Reply to
P.J. Berg