Correct installation for the bodyseal

Hello NG! I 'm ready to assemble the top and the bottom of my 1303. Which way should i position the rubberseal. (There was no seal when i took it apart). Whats the right way?

this way

How do i "do" the corners? Cut it in angles? And glue it to the pan with sealing compound? Should i punch som holes in the seal where the bolts have to be? Or should i just press the bolt through when i install them?

Bye from Denmark..... Michael "Kermit"

MIC

Well my experience is that it is very hard to push the bolds through without puncture some holes in them. That is; i've punctured holes in them which where too small, so it was an huge effort to, ánd put them in line ánd push them through, because the seal was too tough! I've used a seal that has both sides like pic "seal 1" and used a sealand also (the one to seal car-windows) To my oppinion there is no way to overdo it.. :-)

HTH Roger

"MIC" schreef in bericht news:423db304$0$91689$ snipped-for-privacy@dread14.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
bug '59