Distributor Rotor Continued

In , I think I might grind down that ramp that keeps the rotor stood-off. When seated, the rotor sits several millimeters higher than it should. What do you think? Go for it?

I don't understand how the heck this kind of rotor is even sold if it doesn't fit the 009, but then again, I'm ignorant. Y'all know that!

Oh, and I just found out that the rotor came from

and the ignition is a Pertronix. I've tried three caps and they all fit the same - poorly.

John

Reply to
John Stafford

Grind/file down the underside of the rotor allowing it to seat fully on the dizzy shaft whilst allowing a small visible gap down to the magnetic collar for the Pertronix. And that was this evenings longest sentence, courtesy of moi.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg