double solex

I've seen an ad for double solex carburetors, anybody had experience with these? recommendable?

Ant

Reply to
Ant

If the ad was for the Solex P40 - 11 model, they are good carbs. Porsche used them on the 356s and 912s. I have a pair on my '66 912 and they work so well that when I put the Webers on my 912, the P40s will be installed on my Type 1 powered kit car.

There are plenty of parts and rebuilding kits available for the P40s. Just watch out for air leaks around the throttle shafts of the well used ones. They will need to be drilled and bushed.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy