drive plate blues

I have a 73 westy, 1700 cc type IV engine. I am trying to get the driveplate off... Has 12 point key bolts. Sheer hell. I think I need an impact wrench. Yes it's an automatic. but once I do is there some way of mounting that driveplate onto another engine or is the crank different? Also, should I just get a 1600 cc and soup it up or should I try and find a

2000 cc and squish it in? If I do get a 2000 cc will the driveplate mount to the crank or will I have to modify it? Darn autos, wish it were standard.

Your bow-wow is on order. woodbury++SPAM++@telus.net get the ++SPAM++ outta there!

Reply to
Robert Woodbury