engine building book opinions sought

I'm wondering if anybody has read Tom Wilson's "How to rebuild your Volkswagen Aircooled Engine" & would care to share their opinion as to
whether it is worth the $. I'm specifically interested if the diagnostic section is worthwhile. TIA - DB
I think its a great book, it helped me greatly on my first tear down/rebuild (and still does whenever I tear into others). I'll be honest and say that I heave never payed all that much attention to the "diagnosis" parts of the book, other than to verify. I know one thing that is a no-no thats suggested by him is to mill down piston tops but other than that its all pretty good.
Got alot of good info for less than 20 bucks! Mark Detro Englewood, FL
that is a very good book, well worth the $.
John Aircooled.Net Inc.
--
Please allow up to 48 hours for a representative of Aircooled.Net to respond
to your email inquiry. If you have not received a response in over 72 hours

rebuild your

opinion as to

the diagnostic

Busahaulic wrote:

On that subject: sometime before the end of summer, I will be putting the Wonderbus's engine back together. If Wilson's procedure for loading the crank and rods is incorrect, I'll need an accurate procedure. Can someone provide a pointer?
BTW -- this engine built 5,000 miles ago by VW Paradise and sold to the PO as new is just as crappy inside the case as outside the case. I found a broken-off valve adjuster bolt inside.
--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 VW Type 2 -- the Wonderbus (AKA the Saunabus in summer)