Engine Re-install trouble

I recently got my engine on my 73' Super Beetle re-built at a shop. When I got the engine back they gave me a box of parts that i had not taken off. Two of these parts have me stumped..

Picture:

what are these called and where do they go?

Reply to
Ryan

I recently got my engine on my 73' Super Beetle re-built at a shop. When I got the engine back they gave me a box of parts that i had not taken off. Two of these parts have me stumped..

Picture:

what are these called and where do they go?

Reply to
Ryan

I recently got my engine on my 73' Super Beetle re-built at a shop. When I got the engine back they gave me a box of parts that i had not taken off. Two of these parts have me stumped..

Picture:

what are these called and where do they go?

Reply to
Ryan

They are sheet metal air deflector plates. They fit under the pushrod tubes. The 2 pc part goes on the right side of the engine.

on #12, Engine Cover Plates. Parts #6,10,9.

Disregard Parts # 7,14 and 8,15; they were used on earlier cars.

You should be able to spot the threaded holes where they attach when you hold the plates up under the engine.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

air deflector plates.

You also want to be sure to install these before putting on the heater-boxes

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

definitely.....