Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

Hello, I have a 95 VW Golf. Lately the engine has been running roughly when I am iddling a lot (in traffic) and even when I am driving faster (on the highway). It has been a bit intermittant but becoming more regular.

The engine has been running roughly EXEPT when I accelerate.

I am thinking that it could be due to clogged fuel injectors (or maybe the wiring from the distributor cap). What do you think I should look into first?

If it is the fuel injectors - does the product that you add to your gas help?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Reply to
webmaster

Look into the dealer garage. For a minimun sum, they can hook it up to a computer.. and give you an accurate description of what is wrong. Why waist $10 on injector cleaner that will cause an o-ring leak, $20 on filter.. when the dealer is only about $75, and will tell you exactly what to do??

snipped-for-privacy@espacenomad.ca wrote:

Reply to
payments338

If it doesn't run when you try to accelerate, how do you get out of the driveway?

Reply to
JuneauBug

"JuneauBug" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Running roughly doesn't mean not running at all

Reply to
bug '59