Exhaust in the cabin?

Hi,

My '70 Beetle (new purchase in May) is running well, but I've noticed lately that even inside, with the heat off and the windows open, that my clothes smell like exhaust after I drive. At first I thought perhaps the car was running too rich (maybe??) and I've checked underneath...heater boxes and tubes to car seem intact.

Any other places exhaust could be coming from? Or is is that I've just gotten used to highly processed car exhaust and not a ca. '70 engine? Anyone else experience this?

Mike English

Reply to
Michael English

leaky junctions at the heaterbox to exhaust can put exhaust in the car bad/missing engine compartment seal or missing cooling tin can put exhaust in the car.... and of course(not as common) rusted out exhaust pipes in the heat exchangers can put exhaust in the car...it's likely, even without the heat "on", you may be getting some heat into the cabin...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani