Exhaust smell

I can smell exhaust (or engine)in my 75 beetle how can that be ? the heater boxes have been removed it has a new muffler and tail pipes. Is there another way the engine type smells can make it into the passenger compartment? P There are no holes in the body,

I am stumped, any help would be great. thanks Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Heater boxes gone, but have the heater ducts into the back of the car been thoroughly sealed. It doesn't take much air movement to pull polluted air thru those openings.

Sounds like the car was converted to use the earlier muffler. There could be some air flow from the muffler tips that is following the car body contour. (just a guess...)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Open the garage door!

sorry. had too.

Ken Juneau, AK

Reply to
JuneauBug

Sometimes it is impossible to resist :-)

Reply to
Glenn

yeah. i had a bunch of them. headwind? go faster? it was almost a "you might be a redneck" epiphany!

ken

Reply to
JuneauBug