frequent stalling?

just got a new (well, second-hand) engine in my '64 bug, but she's having some trouble idling at low revs. stalls a lot. i've adjusted the idling screw as far as it'll go, but it doesn't help; can anyone tell me exactly where the "volume control screw" is? it's marked on a diagram in the yellowed and fragmenting manual that came with the car, but the diagram doesn't actually tell you where the machinery is.

i know it's in the back somewhere.

nikolai

Reply to
nikolai kingsley

Max Welton

Before you try all the other troubleshooting steps, make sure you don't have excess play in your throttle shaft. If it's really loose, air will be sucked in there making it difficult for you to idle.

-Chip

Reply to
Chip Keller

Does it just idle bad or does it kill when you step on the gas when idling ?

Randy

RSMEINER

you pull up at the lights... the revs drop off... and unless you step on the pedal in *just* the right way, she'll stall.

nikolai

Reply to
nikolai kingsley

What do you have the idle speed set to ?

And what is SF ?

Randy

RSMEINER