Fuel smell

Where'd you hear that? Thunderbird 3 is in beta right now. I think maybe you misheard the announcement about Mozilla splitting off Thunderbird from Firefox back last June or July.

/misses the good old days of Eudora 3

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Use Mozilla Thunderbird and adjust your settings to plain text, and be done with it. It's one of the best news readers and I have been using it for years. It's based on the old Netscape reader which I started using in the mid 90's.

I love it and couldn't ask for anything more

Reply to
Jan Andersson

AMEN!

:)

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Same reason to stick with acvws :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I am so extremely happy I switched to Mac some three years ago.. Been dealing with a couple of Vista machines for family members lately, it sucks big time. If you sneeze in the same room it will crash.

Regarding Asus, at least you get a recovery disk, with Acer you get nada! Burn your own,, But it comes with D2D and image on hidden partition, so you can reset/reinstall to factory standard only using keyboard.

Bought two laptops before Christmas, one Acer and one Asus, the Acer chrashed already on the first setup, went in for service/repairs today. Asus is running fine, Asus is also the machine which seems more solid, better keyboard etc. The box it came in whas not as fancy as Acers.. :-) But was delivered with mouse and carry bag.

Spoke to the guy in the shop(They sell a wide variety of makes, computer shop only), and he recomended Asus. Claimed it was the Mercedes of Asia produced machines..(Hp had the highest return rate).

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

> It really is a problem regarding RFC1847 support, not exactly OpenPGP/>> MIME specific, if, by chance, you happen to do the research..>

I have been using Thunderbird since I got the Mac because I wanted a newsreader in the same proggy as mail(Like O.E.). But started to use Opera's built in Newsreader and mail program a couple of weeks ago, Three in one!!

The reason for the swap: Thunderbirds bad memory leak.. It is no longer suported either, so you will not see any further updates. The word now is Seamonkey. have not tried it myself..

Ps. Opera is free for all plattforms, 9.26 was released today.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Hhmm, could very well be, was dead sure I read it was dropped, so I have a memory leak too. 8*}

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I don't want to update something that works perfectly! LOL

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey, that makes sense :D

Reply to