Fuel burning smell

Hi Folks, Lately I have started to notice that my car gives off a "fuel burning" smell after a drive. Its a 1993 Toyota Camry V6. I have kept this car in running condition for over a year now. I have had things like hoses replaced, timing belt replaced and also the transmission replaced in this period. Is this fuel burning smell a result of using poor quality fuel?

Or would it mean something is wrong with the fuel lines or fuel filter?

Can a lube shop fix this issue?

Thanks! Abee

Reply to
Abee

I would not trust a lube shop to properly diagnose or repair the issue. I would take the car to a competent ASE certified technician for diagnosis and repair as soon as possible. If the cause is a fuel leak, you have a big risk of fire, and if the cause is an exhaust leak, you have a risk of asphyxiation.

Reply to
Ray O