Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit?

I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of the Hazet Reproduction Tool Kit. The repro-D kit price runs from $80.00-$135.00. How are the quality of the tools compared to the original? The original Hazet tool kit is priced pretty high, from $500.00- over $1K. What makes these original tool kits so popular?

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

Bear in mind one thing, Tom. These toolkits where designed for the

1965 and older wheels, so will not fit 1966 cars. The way the hubcap fits on the '66 wheel means that apparently these toolkits will not fit them. Apparently there is a '66 version, but I've never seen one.

The reproduction toolkits are nice, but lets just say the tools in them look more ornamental than practical!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Thanks for the update Howard, I will never pay $500-$1k for a set of VW tools. Didn't know about the older Hazets designed for '65 and older. I was looking for the cheap set of original VW tools in the pouch, but they seem pretty high in price also. The repro-d Hazet tire hub kit caught my eye so that's why I was questioning the tools. Think it's a good idea to carry an extra set of tools, fuses, and belt in my '66.

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

It's a non-functional piece of shit.

Reply to
jjs

Yup!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Pouch wise -- check out Karmann Ghia Parts and Restoration. One can get a set for 30 dollars, including the pouch.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer