1200 flywheel conversion

hi guys, i was adviced by another beetler with a 1300 67' oval, who is using a 1600 flywheel and pressure plate on his beetle. he has replaced the gearbox earlier on with a 73' gearbox. according to him the performance is as good as a 1600. he adviced me to do the same conversion on my stock 1200 standard beetle 71.' he exclaims that the power would be reli good as my newly re-built 1200 engine and my 1972 model gearbox (my car is a late 71' model) would reli allow my car to perform well. so guys, do u think that i ought to do the conversion or shall i just be happy with what i have? would there be any long term effects? regards, dev

Reply to
haridev

Where are you located? In the US, a '71 would be a 1600 already.

-

Jim Adney

im from malaysia. the car that i own is a 1971 1200cc standard beetle. it is rather underpowered for my taste. thats why i want a lil more power out of my car. tc, dev

Reply to
haridev