help - hooking up a fresh air box on a 1302...

Hello: I'm putting the fresh air box in my daughter's 72 Super Beetle after tearing it down and fixing the blower fan (and the vent flaps). The problem is I didn't remove it, the previous owner had it laying in the trunk along with the defroster ducts (which are fun to put back, trust me).

Now mind you, the next speculations are based on how far the wires reach and what looks plausible (since I didn't disconnect it)

My question is - there's 2 black wires (one has a yellow stripe, the other red - I think) and a single brown wire. I thnk I found the connector for the 2 black wires (it's a clear-covered 2 wire connector, both having a black wire with stripes). But I'm not sure where the brown single wire goes, I found a ground and a power tab.

I tested the 2 wire connector, there is no voltage coming out of it. My question is this - is the brown wire a power wire (hooked into a power source such as the fuse box - switched or constant)and the connector a swtiched ground? Or is it the other way and I need to figure out why no power on the 2 part connector?

Help - I don't want to fry the blower fan.

Reply to
Barnhart Pinball

The brown is the ground wire.

Reply to
Scott H

"Scott H" wrote in news:465a6cd3$0$4865$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Ok, now that I know that...now I need to determine if that other connector is correct - and if so - why there isn't any power coming out...

Reply to
Barnhart Pinball

Download this diagram:

V2 is the blower. E9 is the dash switch.

Power is from Fuse #10. The Ignition switch must be On.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim