HELP!! Installing push rod tubes with engine in car?

Is there a way to install push rod tubes while the engine is still in the car? I wouldn't think you would have to pull whole motor to get to replacing them, seems there pretty flimsy and would think they would leak often, please help on installing, thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom,Michelle Jennings

Hi Tom, You can get the 2-peice tubes that are threaded to install without removing the heads. Of course you still have to pull the rockers & pushrods. Be *very* careful not to over tighten the new tubes: it dosen't take much pressure to make them seal, but too much pressure can warp the heads or pull out the head studs. HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Don't these come with o-ring seals?

I think they have to be replaced every 3 years.

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

They should come with all the seals/hardware needed, including o-rings for the center of the tubes. They need replacing when they start leaking. ;^p ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver