New CV joint install

Just got a new CV joint for 77 bus. Is there a procedure to loosen the thing up before installation? The joint is immovable by hand out of the box; is that normal? Should I soak it in something first before greasing it up? Also, does the grooved part face toward the shaft or away. The one on my bus now is facing out, but one of my manuals says in???

Any input would be appreciated.

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas_R

These links will be useful:

Sleepy Joe

I have a 'Bug Me' Video that shows how to remove axles with cv joints, disassemble, inspect, lube, replace the cv joints, and replace the driveshafts.

Also, enter cv joints in the Search blank above for more information.

Reply to
Sleepy Joe