How to ID Oil pump (reply)

Hi RAMVA! > > I've been cleaning out my parts box (boxes actually) and found an oil > pump I replaced a couple of years ago for a full flow system. At the > time I didn't check what kind of cam I had, and that bug is long gone. > So, I'm curious. How can I tell the difference between a flat cam pump > and a dished cam pump? I measured the gears and they are 26mm. The > books say that a 26mm pump belongs to a dual relief engine. But that > doesn't tell me anything about the cam. It's usual to see a late case > with a flat cam around this parts. Or did all dual relief cases came > from the factory with dished cams? > > The body of the pump is 30.6mm deep overall and 26mm just the part that > goes into the case. >

The bigger pump was begun mid-year of the '71 model, along with the dished cam gear. The new pumps have the 26mm gears; old ones were 21mm.

The dual relief was introduced earlier, so that doesn't tell you anything.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim