How to sell/dispose of a burnt-out Bus in LA

Greetings VW borthers and sisters. I haven't posted here in a long time and I'm afraid it's under pretty sad circumstances that I do so today. Yesterday, my wife and i endured the horrible experience of watching our 69 camper bus go up in flames on the side of the 405 freeway in los Angeles. We were on our way home from a camping trip. The fireman said the fuel line either broke or was leaking. By the time I and several other motorists started using fire extinguishers on it the engine flap thing had sealed itself shut and we couldn't put out the flames. We called 911 on our cel phones but the message was "we're sorry but all operators are busy right now, etc" Eventually we called LAPD and they showed up and put out the fire. The bus is mostly burnt out from the rear all the way up to the driver and passenger seats. the front end is pretty much intact, the side panels are in good shape. I haven't looked underneath but the AAA guy was able to roll it up onto the tow truck. I've put a lot into that bus and we've have had some good times in it and I feel pretty bad.

Anyway, My question is this: Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that would want the Bus? Prefereably someone that would come and take it away and even better if they'd pay some money for it? I have to go deal with it today, as it is sitting in the towing place near Bundy and Pico and they want it out. Any information, advice or help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your support,

Nick Pastis

Reply to
Sandy and Nick