Hurricane

Hopefully all of you down in florida are ready for this.

Anyone here from the Melbourne Florida area ?

We have an elderly aunt there and it sounds like she is going to be riding out the storm alone in her house. We are worried sick about it but there isn't anything we can do from here.

Randy

RSMEINER

I wish her the best. I read an update online about an hour ago that said Frances was weakening. They're not sure if it will build in strength again or not, but let's hope not. Article:

Shaggie

............Suggest to her that she might be safer at a local school or church. If she has a dog or a cat, some churches will allow pets (I don't know which churches). One of the dilemmas with leaving her house though is that the authorities quite often forbid a return for quite a long time after the storm has passed.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Talked to my dad.... he lives in Palm Beach County, Fl - 5 miles from the coast.... he is all boarded up and ready to ride out the storm. Wonder if he wishes he did leave?

Although I am keeping an eye on that moster... We will be in the path if it goes a little more west in the gulf of mexico...

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

Friday, September 3, 2004 Posted: 5:49 AM EDT (0949 GMT) MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Hurricane Frances continued to weaken and slow down early Friday, but Florida officials took no chances, issuing mandatory evacuations for parts of at least a dozen eastern counties.

The storm -- twice the size of Hurricane Charley, which slammed Florida three weeks ago -- was downgraded from a Category 4 to a Category 3 hurricane late Thursday night, and by 2 a.m. Friday its winds had decreased to 120 mph (192 km/h) from a peak of 145 mph (232 km/h)

Reply to
Shaggie

She has 2 big pit bulls. Thats the problem. Nobody will allow them in the shelters and she won't leave without them.

Her house is sturdy and she is inland 4 or 5 miles, so hopefully......

Randy

RSMEINER

..................The latest reports are emphasizing that flooding is going to a tremendous problem with this storm because of its size and slow movement. There isn't too much high ground along the eastern coast of central Florida and it could get dicey when the snakes and other wildlife start seeking refuge from the water.

Reply to
Tim Rogers