I made car of the month

Didn't know how to phrase but my 64 is car of the month for the Good ole volks club in Greensboro

you haven't checked out there site before, you should. as it saysthey meet every thursday at a place called herbies (half a 72 bughanging off the wall)and there normally is about 35 to 65 cars thatshow up every week, weather promitting. If you have never been to oneof the get togethers and are in the area its a great time for all. theMore the marrier.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Looks like they ran out of water coolers and super beetles to feature.

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I would say its 10 to 1 of air cooled to water and everything from a

1944 swimmer,68 french police type181, a 51 euro beetle and a guy that has one of those Brazilian VW kit cars.
Reply to
Kafertoys

Let see: Nov. 04- super Dec - water Jan -water Feb -water March -super April -super

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Very nice looking VW.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

is what it looks like on most thursday nights. And yes Dennis the puma is a nice looking VW kit car, I have just had the pleasure of working on a Sebring which is another good looking kit car, also have a Manx buggie in the shop and worked on a 52mgtd kit. But a kit car is a kit car, and as nice as my Bradly GT was it was just

1 to many toys for me, My fiance said its time for me to get my 58 rag on the road ....well after I fix her 72 SUPER vert (Real VW)
Reply to
Kafertoys

And yes Dennis the puma is a nice looking VW kit car,

...Pity a Puma is not a kit car, though a few were sold in the US as "kits" they lacked a drivetrain and battery to get them into the country. Puma had manufacturing plants in Brasil and later in South Africa. The original Puma automobile was powered by a DKW engine. When DKW was purchased by VW the Puma factory switched to a VW based platform using the brazillian Karmann Ghia chassis. They later switched to the Brasilia chassis for the rear engined Pumas when the Karmann Ghia was discontinued. Puma also made a car called the GTB which utilized a chevy straight 6 engine in the front for power. There is a

79 Puma in the VW museum in wolfsburg...not an honour I imagine most kit cars can claim.
Puma also made trucks. The car production ended in 1992 and the truckproduction ended in 1997. In 1998 ford bought the name and continues toproduce trucks under the Puma badge to this day. Any other wittycomments on shit you know very little about (namely VW poweredvehicles)??
Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Pity a Puma is not a kit car, though a few were sold in the US as "kits" they lacked a drivetrain and battery to get them into the country. Puma had manufacturing plants in Brasil and later in South Africa. The original Puma automobile was powered by a DKW engine. When DKW was purchased by VW the Puma factory switched to a VW based platform using the brazillian Karmann Ghia chassis. They later switched

to the Brasilia chassis for the rear engined Pumas when the Karmann Ghia was discontinued. Puma also made a car called the GTB which utilized a chevy straight 6 engine in the front for power.

sounds very much like a kit car and as I read vw was forced to allow puma to use there parts to keep a beetle plant in Brazil.

again I have been working on custom and show cars for 25+ years. Pumas are kit cars like the Manx .

Reply to
Kafertoys

The Puma is not a kit car. 22,000 were built in a factory. Mario, I just tried to compliment you on a nice car and you started on me. I don't know what the f*ck is the matter with you but you don't know shit about the Puma. I don't like people to shit on me for no reason. No more compliments from me as you seem to do better when people are in conflict with you.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Dennis he was tryiing to "shit" on Gareth...not you.. Gary has a puma also(now)....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No, he started the Post addressing me by my first name. Go back and read it (I did) just to make sure. I know he was just being an asshole but it should not have been directed at me. I don't care about it anyway anymore.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Sorry Dennis its has nothing to do with you, I have the same problem with anyone that acts like a super beetle isn't a real VW. I did read some of the history of the puma and think there cool. I came real close to buying an sp2 but the guy that has it now wants to put an "american" engine in it.

Reply to
Kafertoys

href="

">Den's

okay...sorry Dennis, i may be mistaken....i genuinely thought he and Gary were just pissing at each other....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I think I just got in the cross fire and got all wet. It upset me a little cause I just got back from a car show where I placed first in my class beating detroit iron again. I'm happy, I had a crowd around the car most of the day.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

All honesty except for the laughs, I'm not pissed at anyone.

Reply to
Kafertoys

thats sweet Dennis congrats i'm sure a few iron heads are sore. I think its cool that some of the nice supers that the good olevolks club members have are car of the month, some work very hard on their cars and it show.

Reply to
Kafertoys