If dynamic is 30, what is static?

Timing on my 2110 should be 28-30 degrees, what is the static timing so I don't have to carry a timing light around with me all the time? TIA.

Reply to
Emily Steed

Totally dependent upon the distributor model...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Why would you have to carry it around with you all the time? If you're sure it's supposed to be 28-30 then set it and that's it, right? Or if you wanna know what it's supposed to be set to statically but know what it's supposed to be 28-30 total, then set it with your timing gun, then turn off the car, turn the key to the on position, put it in neutral, turn it over until it's coming up on compression on #1, then slowly turn the pully by hand until the coil terminal thingie goes hot and you'll see where the pulley is and can mark it.

Reply to
Shaggie