Ignition timing - 2.25 petrol - strobe light

Hi

All my technical stuff refers to ignition timing "static" which I assume means engine not running...a kindly relative loaned me a strobe timing light so what is the correct setting for this engine (idling @ 900 rpm) & should I disconnect the vacuum advance from the carb. whilst checking?

The engine is standard apart from a "Turner" head allowing unleaded petrol, the carb is a weber twin choke.

I live in the UK so petrol quality shouldn't (!) be an issue,

thanks & regards

Bandy

Reply to
bandy