Ignition Noise Picked Up by Radio - Revisited

Dear all, First, I would like to thank those who contributed to the various ideas about the porblem. I tried most but did not suceed in getting rid of the noises (Cracking static type, change with rev). Well, I think now I should perhaps try to do this from another perspective by asking those who has clear, noise free AM reception SuperBeetle owner the following in the form of a survey. That way, it may flicker some more ideas...

1.Yr of the car, type, alt or gen being used, external or internal regulator, original or the Kymco 75A or even the 95A unit? 2.Type of coil being used, original, blue coil, resistor built in? 3.Type of Dizzy, 009 or vacuum advanced, original or modified? 4.Type of Plugs (resistor type), Plug wires (with or without resistor built in sockets)being used? 5.Type of radio? CD changer? External Amp? 6.Unit installed with hot thru. ignition switch? 7.type and perhaps brand of the aerial being used? Well, we will start with the above first... Regards, Jeremy
Reply to
Jeremy

.................There you go Jeremy. I have a Blaupunkt 'Nevada' CD player in my '77 bug that works beautifully. I don't have to worry about what kind of plugs wires or antenna ground I have.........It just works perfectly every time I use it. Maybe it has built in noise filters or whatever. All I really know is that it works great, even on weak signal AM stations.

Reply to
Tim Rogers