So, how many drove their aircooleds on Christmas eve?

Well, I drove mine aprox 96Km's round trip, dark, black ice, no heat, one tail light, no brake lights, no directional lights, no licence plate light and no window washer working... Brilliant fun....

J.

Reply to
BergRace

..............My bug is snug and safe in my garage. The five of us did go see my wife's mother in my '91 waterboxer vanagon (215 miles round trip). That's got to be a lot of kilometers..........

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Sig em Bob!!!

Drive on X-mas Eve? I drive my '75 all year round. My windshield washer is on the Fritz too. I take a spray bottle of washer fluid and reach outside the window and give it a few squirts. Works great!

Reply to
VW66HOF78

Nope, not me. Had a three-hour stop-and-go commute up the I-5 to downtown LA on Christmas eve afternoon, in mist and rain, coupled with a midnight return. Haven't been able to put the new heater boxes in the bus, yet. My family's comfort trumped the cool-adventure factor of taking it. We took the 92 Maxima.

Folks at her Grandma's house were curious as to why I asked for the timing light I requested; and asked me what one is used for. Explanations on how handy it is for tuning an engine left them more puzzled than illuminated. I'm pretty much the weird-o in this family I am marrying into.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

..............The internal combustion engine is too complex and mysterious for most grandmas and grandchildren and forty something in-betweeners.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Well - Bussy IS still aircooled but it's just a little more complicated now! We went out and played in the snow a bit. Damn near lost it in an intersection - good thing there weren't any cars in the lane I used to recover in! Nice and toasty - warm inside the bus with the snow falling outside. I may have to add even more weight to the back end now - the weight bias moved ahead by 100 pounds with the engine change and the ah - umm - heat exchanger mounted up front. It helped to move my toolbox back further, but apparently not enough - or else it was really damned slippery! That could be, cuz the 4wd pickup that made the turn right after me was tippy-toeing along.

Gotta figure out a way to cut back the cooling air when I come down off the mountain. Having the radiator in the shape of a spare tire does have its drawbacks - no easy way to add shutters in a round configuration. I may have to use a spare tire cover with a velcro zipper down the front!

- Dave

ice, no heat, one

licence plate light

Reply to
Busahaulic

DEC 24 the only day to X-mas shop,I was there wish my heat was

Reply to
Kafertoys