Kadron h40/44 eis accelerator check ball

Hi all , I'm trying to rebuild a set of solex kadron h40/44 eis carbs. I was getting no gas when i moved the linkage or accelarator diafame. I pulled the nut that shold have held the check ball for accelerator circuit .I used a 4 mm long screw and stop came out. inside there was no ball but it did have small plastic piece that was fit into the opening and seems to have a resess for a ball.Not sure who or when last rebuild was. Does anyone know if this ball bearing is the same size as one under the squirter tube. thanks

Reply to
Larry Q

Just an update after pulling other carb apart found same small plastic piece init. Best discription is like old golf tee. My carbs had come from So Cal in

1998 looked like they had never been apart. Still had the paint on the inlet screw and gas filter screw . So I guess some where the ball was swapped for these plastic pieces. Well carbs are back now just playing with fine adj.
Reply to
Larry Q