Learning to Drive (Kinda OT)

I'm tellin' my buddy "...it pushes in turns really bad..." I figure I changed the CG when I did the conversion and now the front end is heavy. Well, it IS. It used to be 1950 /

1950 and is now 2050 / 1900. My buddy says it's not pushing; I'm driving too damned fast. Could be he's right. In Oregon they have three lanes on hills on otherwise 2-lane highways. Going down, the signs say, "YIELD CENTER LANE TO UPHILL TRAFFIC." Okay. Most people don't take the chance. WTH, lotsa room... I pass the pickup towing the boat and am gaining fast on the car with 6 people in it who WAS going 45 a half mile back... I might as well take them, too seein' as my speedometer is somewhere past 90mph and no oncomings in sight! Hmmm. They musta speeded up. This is taking just a bit longer than I was intending. Stomp the throttle down the rest of the way... Uh-Oh. Oncoming. Two abreast oncoming! No way to make it now! Stand on the brakes (from around 100!) Duck in behind the car (LUCKILY they didn't stand on the brakes, TOO!) Duck in behind them at about 70mph with a good second (maybe) to spare! Huh! Maybe I should think this through logically. Maybe two miles of passing lane - MAYBE! Me going down hill at 95mph. GMC van finally getting a chance to pass coming uphill at maybe 90 - or so! Let's just say 95 + 95 = 190MPH closing speed. I don't think VW busses are supposed to go 190mph! Maybe I need to put an extra spring on that throttle cable! Lucked out this time. Hope I remember that next time the voice says to GO FOR IT!

It also seems that everytime I do something really stoopid like that, the person I managed to piss off the most is ultimately camped next door to me at the next campground!

-- Dave "Busahaulic" Pearson Fall City, Washington Remove obvious from addy to e-mail

Reply to
Busahaulic

:-(

First rule of driving: Never make any other driver put on their brakes unnecesarily!

Follow this, and it's amazing how many driving moves are predicated!!

:-)

Reply to
John Kuthe