Lifters

Got a question. Hydraulic lifters on a 1600. Adjust the screw till it just touches the valve stem and tighten down how much??

Michael

Reply to
Michael Rogers

Factory hydraulics or aftermarket?

I have only ever seen spoecs for the factory Type 4 hydraulics, and I don't think I should take the risk of recommending that for a different engine family. For factory applications, consult a manual. For aftermarket, ask the manufacturer.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Factory The motor is a 2005

Reply to
Michael Rogers

Turn it in another 3/4 turn from contact. IOW, 3/4 turn in from 0 lash, or -.030" clearance.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
AircooledJohn