Think Small

OT but Aircooled and small. I saw in interesting article about a new

3 wheel vehicle that is like a car, but has a 650cc 2 cyl engine mounted under the seat and will go about 70 mph. That is probably close to the top speed of early Beetles. It has a steering wheel like a car an used a 4 speed manual gear box. It is registered as a motorcycle and you have to have a motorcycle endorsement to drive it. Here is the link to the article if interested.
Bill Berckman

I kind of like that. I wonder who makes the engine & trans for it.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Gloves off............................. Looks like someone put a box over a trike. $6500 sounds like it costs too much but maybe it is the norm for the cost of a low-end motorcycle.

90 day warranty sounds a little small but the 2 year on the engine and trans sounds good.

I wonder how the heater works in the $9500 model!

Gloves back on................. Interesting and cute though!

Hope it does well since it could be a solution to saving energy!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

There are a LOT of similar vehicles in the world. Someday the USA might even let some be imported. Minicars, all that.

Reply to
John J

I would like to try the 'air car' that I keep hearing about.

Reply to
Jim347a

Hmm... I vaguely remember some rumors about an aircooled car being designed for the masses, one that would be economical to maintain and cheap to buy, so it would be accessible to even the smaller income families. It would be somewhat simplistic, in order to gain superior reliability. Yet it would get good fuel economy and run at least 60mph all day long. I dunno. I don't see how anything like that could ever be successful.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

The Air Car is French I believe, runs on compressed air.

The car is Indian, model name Nano, I have forgotten the name of the make. It is going into production, being released later this year.

J.

Ps. Google is your friend.

French Air car:

?v=uVIwropRMME Tata Nano:

P.J.Berg

Actually I was referring to the you-know-what car that we all love here :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That would be sort of wishfull thinking, yes? :-]

Happy New Year!!

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

While looking at those videos, I found this one:

Rev Turd Fredericks

America had an air cooled engine car before the ACVW.

John J

I'll bet the exhaust smells like garlic.

Reply to
John J

Hmmm interesting that it later was involved in the Tucker vehicles.

Cute but the Franklin was not rear engined.

BTW the link needed the ) at the end after automobile.

happy new year!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I've thought about this quite a bit this past year or so. I have a kawasaki mule with a 700+ cc engine. Right now it will do about 25mph top speed due to a governor on it. I can't see why it couldn't be made street legal fairly easy. Would need turn signals but thats easy enough. Maybe wipers but I'm not sure about that. Governor is easy enough to change or remove. My old mule would run 35mph + with out the governor. It runs about 3-4 hours on a gallon of gas.

I run it on our country roads almost daily.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Compressed? That,d be a change to hot air. Darn, broken my new year resolution to be nice to French. John

Reply to
John