link pin shim help

i am putting together the front end of my 55 beetle with the cb performance disk brake kit. i have the torsion arms installed but now i have to put the spindles on and it talks about using the ten shims,if it measures 5mm use 5in the front 5 in the rear ect. problem is i have the bently manual and for the like of me can't figure out were i'm supposed to measure from(the picture shows a neat tool but it still does not give me a clear idea were to measure from) can some one please point me in the right direction website? explesite direction's? thanks for any help russ

Reply to
Russ