Mallory Dist/Promaster Coil and Ballast resistor???

What should the voltage be coming out of the resistor? I had a hard time starting the Bus the other day, after not being started for 2 months. Didn't seem the fuel pump was running, positive lead hooked to positive side on Mallory Promaster coil. It's worked fine in the past. Hooked the fuel pump to a direct positive from switch and it worked. The Bus started but now has some hesitation and slight backfire when throttling (separate issue I guess). Anyway, I'm getting 11 volts in to the resistor and only 3.5 volts out. Is this normal?

Dave

Reply to
Dave