MaMotorworks sport headlights question

I've been checking out Mid america motorworks' sport headlights (the triple chamber ones) and was almost purchasing it when I found out the back of the headlight is made of ABS plastic. The headlights come with a 4W parking light on top (which I plan to use as an additional turn light), a 60/55W H4 for hi low beam in the middle and a 55W H3 driving light. I was planning to replace all the bulbs with higher wattage ones before installing them on the car. Can the plastic back handle the extra heat or will it melt? What is the bigger bulb you have succesfully used on these headlights?

If the plastic version is not good enough, maybe you can help me locate where to get a metal back version. Thanks in advance for your help.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Got a link to pictures?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Nevermind, I found them.

No, don't use higher watt bulbs. Not enough airspace in there for the heat. You will ruin the reflectors.

Compared to old fade3d headlights, the difference should be HUGE when you get new, bright reflectors and clear glass, even with regular bulbs. The high watt bulbs WILL ruin the reflectors. Seen it happen in MUCH bigger headlight units.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Or maybe you meant these:

same comments apply.

I wonder if those produce the required slanted low beam pattern for Europe.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

They look the same to me, but the second one you posted says it uses a

55/100W H4 bulb.

I'll follow your advice and keep the power output the way it is, do any of you guys have experience with the quality of this headlights?

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Yes I have. To keep things simple and affordable (ha!) for me:

-Maximum 1 liter of alcoholic beverages that has 22% or more alcohol content

-Mark package and shipping documents as "gift"

-Mark total value of contents and shipping to less than 45eur (let's say 50USD)

This way I won't need to pay customs or value added tax. I will however have to pay alcohol tax, around $15.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

could you drop some off here :-) fed up with Captain Morgan !!

Reply to
Juper Wort

You are going to pay more on taxes than what costs me to get a liter of good dominican rum here. But I guess is still a lot less than the cost of Brugal in finland. Email me your address to the same email I used to send you the picture of the hoover bit, I'll select and ship the thing as soon as I can (please don't inhale it, that would be a real waste).

Karls

Reply to
Karls

.............Capt.. Morgan Private Stock is good rum but I've never drank any Cuban rum. Do they sell it in Canada?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Cuban rum is good for getting drunk fast, but that's about it. Call me nationalist, but I think dominican rum is at least twice as good.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

You need to try some :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Virgin Island (Cruzan) rum pretty good, Jamaican too. Don't drink Jamaican beer (Red Stripe) tastes like moose piss. Actually, I've never tasted moose piss but it can't be good. :o)

I slept on a virgin. (island)

Reply to
Mike64Bug

i have a bottle of Cruzan rum i got when i went to the US Virgin Islands(St. Thomas) sitting on the shelf behind me....probably pretty nasty by now, it was bought in 1994.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

beer (Red Stripe) tastes like moose piss.

Yes Cruzan is second best on my list and we get that here. It too was hard to get until a year or two ago. Like my #1, Havana Club 7 to which PJ Berg from Norway got me hooked ;) There were only 3 or 4 liquor stores in Finland that had it. (One company, government owned monopoly). I couldn't even special order any. Luckily one of the stores was near where I live, only a 2 hour trip required :D Now it's easier to find.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I still have a bottle of Cruzan here from '94/'95 . I was down in St Thomas doing disaster communications after Hurricane Marilyn went through. I guess that was '95. The sight of a tropical island defoliated by hurricane winds is pretty amazing. Like Vermont in the fall, only warmer. :o) Not much water to drink but plenty of rum...

Reply to
Mike64Bug