Mastercylinder

I am puttinr a new master cyl on a 1970 beetle how do i bleed the master cyl.

Reply to
DiabloRScamaro

You can get a pressure bleeder or make something to pressurize the reservoir. A cheapo alternative is just to leave *all* the fittings on the M/C loose. That will let the air escape and after a few minutes you'll see dribbles of fluid. Tighten the fittings and then bleed from the wheels.

NOTE: with the dual M/C, it's usually impossible to simply bleed from the wheel cyls without doing *something* (like above) to get the air out of the M/C.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

First you install the MC. Do it dry. It's a lot easier that way and it works just as well.

Once everything is in place, just bleed the whole system in the normal fashion. Bleed each of the wheels. I usually do 2 rounds around the car. Once to get the majority of the air out, and a second time to catch the stragglers.

-

Jim Adney