Mixing and Matching parts ?

I have 2 engines:

1 complete one, engine code B 630381, and one is a shortblock, AH 478 948

Can I use the case, crank and rods of the AH engine and the cylinders, pistons, flywheel, tin, etc, from the "B" engine ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Reply to
Robv

are you wanting a single or dual port for your finished product? If you stay single port then the only problem I can see would be the head studs. The AH uses 8mm studs so you will at least have to locate some of the shorter studs used for SP's in a 8mm. I don't belive the oil pump is intercangable either so hopefully the AH's is on there and good.

Thats all I can think of offhand, but theres probably more! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro