More info on Backing Plate Prob

Hi there Folks: I've found a bit of information reguarding my backing plate problem. I have the 5 lug on a Swing Axle this is (so I've been told) for a Type3 65 to 67 the shoes are a bit bigger in width 1-9/16inch wide. I've checked with one of our suppliers in Canada and he tells me its going to be very hard to find.

Lightnen

Reply to
Lightnen

...........Jim Adney is a regular here who is very knowledgeable about type

3's. Email him from one of his other posts here at this newsgroup.
Reply to
Tim Rogers

I was wrong about the Type 3, but it is from a 65 to 67 bug I think. Swing Arm, each shoe has 3holes at top, one in centre (hold down spring) and one at bottom. measures 1-9/16" wide, 14" from middle of wheel cylinder around shoe to middle of adjuster. The backing plate is 9-3/4" diam. and the drum is a 5 lug. Any info would be greatly appriciated for I'm trying to find a left side backing plate.

Reply to
Lightnen