Speaking of cables

Okay, what's this apparently factory-original cable on the '58 that runs from the dash to the engine compartment? Was there a manual choke at one time?

Reply to
johnboy

Yes, indeedy.

The electric automatic choke wasn't "invented" until '61.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Man, how time flies. BTW, the shroud on this one also has an lever from the thermo to the top of the tin to the right of the generator. Apparently it pulled the airfilter flap open or shut on depending on the temperature.

Reply to
johnboy

Yes. Ovals still had one at least.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Looks like they kept it in the first square window. My evil mind is thinking of what I can do with it... ummmm... like maybe an exhaust cut-out. Nah.

Reply to
johnboy

That control was '69/70. It admitted heated air to the carb to prevent icing.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:15:40 -0500, "johnboy" scribbled this interesting note:

Our 1959 also has a manual choke.

John Willis

A new one.................(kinda) LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply