motor maintenance, adjustment

What would I have to use as settings for my 1500cc '68 (H) standard motor? valve clearance 0.3mm for both inlet and outlet valve is that correct? advance? .... degrees tdc (vacuum) how do I correctly adjust the 31 pict3 carb? I would like to get into it tomorrow. Can somebody help me out here?

Thanks!!

Reply to
bluefox

Valve clearance was originally speced as 0.10mm (.004") but 0.15mm (.006") applies to later engines and is probably safer for the 1500 as well.

For US cars, the timing in '68 was TDC (Zero degrees advance). The only way to know *for sure* what your timing is set at, is to find the distributor P/N stamped on the distributor housing. Then go here for the specifications:

You can not just assume anything.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I found this yesterday on the solex carbs

That's a "WOW", alright!

The Solex is only one part of stuff they have on-line. See the main index:

Thank you, 4play!

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I wish I had a web site duplicator[stealer] program that I could use to download whole web sites onto cd's.