Need bare ball joint beam with adjusters in good shape. Phoenix, Az.

I have this knack for throwing things away just before I need them. I've had 2 bj beams laying around for almost 10 years. Just did some cleanup and figured "crap, I'll never need these beams" and tossed them. That was 3 weeks ago....Found the beam in my Thing is bent, now I need a decent beam with adjusters to replace mine or for a core for a rebuilt beam from SoCal.

Anybody in Phoenix got anything? Either a freebie for a core or a good one with adjusters.

TIA

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF

your aware of course there are differences between beams in a type 1 and a thing....about 2.5 inches lower...and the thing beam has been ruggedized with re-inforcements in a few spots...different ball joints and so on...

anyway just thought id tell ya that..

morgan

canada

Reply to
Morgan Anderson

No worries. The main support difference is a brace to the pan and a couple extra welds to the beam itself. Most other diffs are in the trailing arms and spindles which are interchangable. I'll weld in the mount for the brace and spiff up the other joints on a Beetle beam. A rebuilt Beetle beam with adjusters from SoCal is $95 bucks with a core, a Thing beam from The Thing Shop is 450 bucks with no adjusters.

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF