New Heater Channels VW Cabriolet Type 1

Hi I am currently restoring a 1968 South african beetle cabriolet conversion.

I will be replacing the heater channels as well as the floorpans. The old heater channels has some 2"x1" box welded to it. Is this the normal way of structurally stiffening the body? Has anyone got any advice or pics of restorations they have done.

Simon

Reply to
dubman via CarKB.com

charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

are other videos there too
will probably post other links showing those supports being =replaced

good luck on your restoration! I wish I still had my '67 Beetle conv. = :-(

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

there are other videos there too
someone will probably post other links showing those supports being =replaced

good luck on your restoration! I wish I still had my '67 Beetle conv. :-(

Reply to
John