newbie engine rebuild ???'s

I have taken the enging ourt of my 72 bus and have taken the heads off as well as the cylinders. The "rebuild kit" has only eight gaskets, 4 thick and four thin. The engine currently has several gaskets, to be exact four on the base of each cyclinder...how should I deal with this???

Should I only put on gasket back on the engine...

sam

Reply to
m17112310

Some "must read" Links: