OT. 1973 Mecedes 220D anybody?

Sorry for the extreem OT, but you are like family :)

My Peugeot is running like a charm. Has not failed in months. I am bored stiff :)

There is a 1973 Mercedes Diesel (220D) for sale cheap. Running.

Anyone of you know about that things and is willing to talk me out/in to buying the thing? :)

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Eduardo,

I don't know much about them, but I do know that a member of my family had an '81 240D diesel, and they just recently sold it with 250k on the original engine and tranny. The car was still great but they decided to buy a Passat. I remember parts being rather expensive for it when something broke, and I remember the acceleration being much worse than my stock '69 Bug. But it was a great riding, solid car that has its own unique personality, kinda like a Bug, Ghia, Bus, Thing, etc.

Its up to you...if its cheap enough and you think you want it, buy it...if you don't like it, just sell it for what you paid for it (hopefully!!)

Good luck,

Dane '69 Bug

Eduardo K. wrote:

Reply to