Anybody got?

I posted this yesterday but I don't see it or any relpies so if this is a rerun, I beg your forgivness.

I'm converting a type III motor to a type I to put in a buggy. I've almost got it ready to go in and I realized I forgot about the dipstick. My options are:

1) An aftermarket thing that bolts where the type III tube goes. I bought one but I really don't like the way it fits and it interfers with the crankcase breather tube.

2) Drill a hole in the case for a stock type I dipstick. Got the stock tube out of an old case. Can do it but thats a long way to drill and try to keep straight and since the case is already together...............not my favorite option.

3) Use the stock type III tube. Maybe even chrome it but I don't have a dipstick for it. It would look really cool chromed with all the other chrome stuff I have.

So! Anybody got a type III dipstick laying around you'd be will to sell, trade or give me? I have several type III parts I won't be using I could trade.

Thanks, < TC

Reply to
Tcrdn11

It did show up and you have one reply so far. I'll quote it here for you:

"Zarana-X" wrote

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks,

They type III set up will work on what I have because there is nothing behind the motor but the skid pan and a chrome bar. I think staying with the type III setup is my best option. So, I'm still looking for a dipstick.

Thanks again, < TC

Reply to
Tcrdn11