OT Animal Cruelty

Not trying to start another animal related thread, but this guy takes the cake for both animal cruelty & stupidity.

Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Which guy - the gun guy or the bottle guy?

Reply to
Oldbie

.....................That woman, if she recovers, will at least get the satisfaction of understanding that her assailant has been sent away to prison. Maybe these guys could share the same cell.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

FWIW, if it makes you feel better we jailed a guy for 12 months for animal cruelty. He pounded a puppy's head with a ball-peen hammer. It wasn't even his dog. That was a man who really wanted to go to jail.

Oh, and for Randy - there was an incident recently where some llamas were cornered by two loose dogs. The owner heard a ruckus and found the llamas backed into a circle protecting themselves from the attack. She 'dispatched' the dogs with a .38. That's the way it ought to be.

Reply to
jjs

Dogs can be a problem. If there are more then one of them on a single llama or if there isn't room for the llamas to flee, it's a big problem. Usually a single dog or coyote doesn't stand a chance against an adult llama.

I watched our female llamas go after a coyote awhile back. They surrounded it and just kept moving their circle in. That poor coyote didn't know what to think about that and he sure was having a tough time getting away from them. He would move to get out and a llama would block him. I have no doubts that those females were going to stomp him flat. He did finally manage to get away but I bet he's still running.

Had a dog running the fence trying to get at 1 of our big males. Dog ran, llama ran with him. Dog stuck his head under the fence and llama tried to stomp him.

We've had some problems with a dog or 2 at our place. If I catch the dog and I know who it belongs to, I take it back home and chat with the owners and let them know that I won't tolerate it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I catch it twice and it's off to the pound. I catch it in with the llamas, it won't happen again.

Our big worry now is mountain lions roaming the area.

Randy

RSMEINER

Bill, By any chance would that be Norman, OK? Judging by the county, I'd say it's a safe bet. I ask because I live about 5-10 miles from Norman.

Eric

Reply to
EGad987

What would happen if Great Pyrenees and Llamas were kept on the same farm? They are both natural-born guardians. I can see it now, "Coyote! Your turn Pico", then "Will ya let me eat it this time, ya vegetarian freak?"

Reply to
jjs

Pretty much says it all.

Got another baby due any day now. Lets hope this one is a girl.

Randy

RSMEINER

Hi Eric:

Yes that would be norman Oklahoma. Bill Berckman