OT: ASE certification

Just registered for 5 more. I already passed 3 last year; Engine repair, Steering and suspension, and brakes. I'm shooting for Master Tech certification.

Looks like I'll take 4 in one day and one separately (engine performance). The 3 I took before were on the same day.

Anyone else? Just curious.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Congrats to you! Don't stop until you get your ASE Master Technician Certification! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I agree with Dave, Jan..... years back when I thought I may want to be a mechanic (like many in my family) i was one course shy of master tech when I stopped to be a welder.... I found the ASE certification to be more of a bragging point on a resume than anything, but is good to have if you intend to continue the route you are going...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

yea I thought so too, this is my "Plan b" career. If I end up spending more time doing this full time, the certifications seem to open doors to higher pay and senior tech positions. And it would be nice to back up my bragging with an official printout that says I know my shit in theory at least :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Good news (for me)... I passed them all! :D

Some final paperwork and I should get my Master Tech credentials, Woohoo!

Jan

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

congrats Jan!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That's MASTER Jan to you, Chris. :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Congrats to you MASTER ASE tech! How could you pronounce that??? lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Tried that "from now on you shall call me Master Jan" thing on my wife.

She called me Master Baiter.

:(

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I was gonna tell you, Master is a step down from your present status of "RAMVA Queen"....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

ROTFLMAO :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Master Jan or MJ................... Lets see, the initials 'MJ' here used to stand for Michael Jordan, but now it might refer back to Michael Jackson! lol

I will ASSuME that you would not accept the use of MJ when we refer to you! lol I think I will continue to just call you Jan, until I need more advice!

Congrats to you!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

well done jan :)

Reply to
tricky

Michael Jackson or plain old Jan, huh. Stuck with a Girly connotation no matter what :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'm not sure I'd call Michael Jackson "girly". That's kind of insulting to girls. At least they have noses.

Reply to
Michael Cecil