OT Meeting of the minds!!!

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:13:12 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:10:56 -0400, Joey Tribiani ran around screaming and yelling:

very nice trip for me....Travis is about 3.5 hours away, and i had an enjoyable ride on my motorcycle....traffic in his area sucks, and it is no wonder he had trouble commuting in his baja....slow lane likes to do 80-85 in the 65 zone....not being one to speed, i was a major bottleneck in the right lane for a couple miles till i decided in order to keep the bike in one piece i should go with the flow....

upon my arrival Travis and his family were very hospitable from the moment the door opened....Travis has a nice home(cept for that jeep in the garage...), a beautiful wife, and great kids....I even had the pleasure to meet Travis' sister who was visiting from out of town...Gary arrived shortly after i did, and then later we had the pleasure of meeting another couple that are friends with Travis and Kim...very cool people....we were able to partake in great conversation, good food(unfortunately no neckbones...) and a few drinks....What can you say about a fellow that will invite you into his home and make you fell welcome,( even when a family member that lives halfway across the country is visiting), supply you with a large selection of foods, good booze, plenty of conversation, let you drink till you spew over the side of the deck, then let you crash at his house,then top if off with breakfast?....all i can say is "thanks",and i feel that "thanks" is shortchanging him....great to finally meet you "Shaggie"....it was a pleasure and hope to do it again soon...was great to see Gary again....all you RAMVA-ites need to really meet some of the names on your screen...we gather here on this board everyday/week and we "know" each other well....and it is awesome to finally meet face to face with those screen names... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I am guessing that it is Gareth playing the Geetar, and Chris with the white tee shirt on. We should have a Ramva caption contest for one of those photos, with the winner getting a free years subscription to Ramva :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

On 25 Jul 2004 20:43:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

that would be a great guess Bill....you are correct...Travis, we all have seen his picture so no need to point him out...but you may not have met his toes yet...but you can see he really likes to show em off, because they are in the bottom of most of the pics....LOL... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Another meet at Shaggie's in September? ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:25:12 +0300, Jan Andersson ran around screaming and yelling:

if shaggie and Kim are up to it, i am...wooohooooo... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Toldya so! Toldya so! :-)

Just so that one doesn't slip by without a comment, he's really not joking about the spewing over the side of the deck thing. ;-) Don't get me wrong. He didn't walk in the door and start chugging beers. It took a while for the peer pressure to get to him. Even after downing two or nine beers he was still polite and fun to talk to.

It was nice to finally meet you too, Chris. I'll have to make my way up to Virginia again in the near future and try out that hand-rail on your front porch (hold onto it while puking) like you mentioned. heh heh. You're welcome to visit again whenever you like.

Reply to
Shaggie

Hey, I'd just had a pedicure and wanted to show off a little. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

We'll probably be caught up on our sleep by then. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:12:42 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

anytime.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:15:21 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

next time i ain't spewin...LOL....i'll bring the wifey too...it will be fun... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:12:42 -0400, Shaggie wrote:

....just to point out, also..,..that chris was campaigning like a trouper till he tried to throw some pepsi on top of the beer. I could have told him not to try and drink that crap straight!!! I, of course, knew better and was cutting my pepsi properly with whiskey...thus making it drinkable. In fact, I was doing such a good job of cutting that I found the bottom of the 750ml bottle of whiskey I brought ;-) That coupled with the generous number of shots being poured caused me to be moving a little bit on the slow side this morning. Chris and Shag didn't mention that the other couple, whom I met the last time I was there, were from the same NY town I was. And, in fact, the gentleman of the couple had "dated" one of the local "easy" girls in my school that lived a 1/2 mile or so up the road I lived on....pretty damn small world. I was, of course, the only non-nascar fan in the group....ah well thats not so unusual an occurance for me sinbce I moved south, ;-) The only thing that would have made the evening better, would have been if the blond babysitter that locked herself out of the neighnors house had accepted the invitation to stay and party =-))) All in all a very enjoyable time....I haven't attacked a bottle like that in a long time....and I got to subject a captive audience to my musical minstrations ....and no Chris, I don't know any damn country music. As Chris did, I would also like to thank Travis and Kim for their incredible hospitallity...not to mention tasty meatballs and wings ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:29:27 -0400, Gary Tateosian ran around screaming and yelling:

a fellow that works at the company i sub from had the same strange situation one day at work...he is from upstate NY and was talking to the warehouse manager there(REICO Kitchen & Bath) and turns out they actually *kinda* knew each other....meaning they had met years ago...as you say Gary it *IS* a small world...that coupled with all the New Yorkers moving south means you are likely to have many more experiences like that..heh

it was great.....now...i hear a rumor that there may be another get together in September....get to work on some coutry music...heh JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani