Oversize Pulley

He probably does, possibly depending on the engine, but getting him to answer email is so impossible he may as well be on the dark side of the moon. He likes phone calls, but I've gone so deaf that it's a pain in the ass. Besides, what's wrong with email? I'd definitely go for another of his engines. I have use for a pair of T4s. But first I need to get to the bottom of this one, and since he's not responding, I'm looking to work with someone else on this one. Time is precious to me, too!

Reply to
jjs

....................Some people who have pc's just aren't really plugged-in John. At least not every day and sometimes for a lot longer. I've sent emails to people like my dog's breeder and then waited THREE MONTHS before she responded.......sheesh! My wife has almost 3000 emails in the different inboxes of her email and I know that at least a few hundred of them will never get read. There's a long standing member of this ng who posts infrequently who I've emailed in the past only to wait two or three months before hearing back from him. Why not type out a long letter about your situation and send it to him by snail mail? If he doesn't respond in two or three weeks, print it out again and re-send it certified with a signed receipt from the post office that he got it.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

True, but the individual in question is plugged in.

I do understand the business side. It's a choice the business person has to make: does she answer mail from someone who has already purchased and paid, or mail from prospectives? Further, if the paid-past customer bought a breed the business person really doesn't make much money from, that puts the mail down the list. No matter that the customer spend almost $11,000 dollars, especially when there are prospectives. If the customer bought and the product died quickly, or has a defect of some kind, then she really stonewalls, pretends it never happened, maybe casts aspersions against the purchaser. See, sellers have their ways, but this case, this subject, is going under the scrutiny of autopsy and documentation, for the record. Maybe I'll make a web page of it. If it turns out that it find good things, then those will be posted. If I find some screw-up, then that's posted. Fair?

Reply to
jjs

Correct. The faster the fan, the more air through the exchangers. Although the power pulley is never a good recommendation, it depends on the engine, the vehicle, and how and where the Bug/Bus is driven. What may be unacceptable in Baja may make perfect sense in Fairbanks.

VWAG designed the stock size pulley to be effective in most driving conditions - as anticipated by VW engineers. Which means it has to be able to spin the fan up to red line without then cavitating and becomming ineffective. And the stock pulley is something of a trade-off.

If you need some heat in your vehicle consider installing a set of Atwood

3" Marine Fans to help push heated air into the interior. (Do a search on this newsgroup and you can read about others who did this).
Reply to
Jerry Johnson

.................I think that she just goes for weeks at a time without turning on her pc. She's not what you'd call a commercial breeder and sells only standard schnauzers to private individuals.....never to pet stores.......she only sells maybe two or three litters a year. Ours is a show quality dog but we had to sign a contract that prevents us from ever showing or breeding him in order to get him for only $1100!......lol

........... This isn't very relevant for you though since the person in question for your problem is well known and posts quite a lot at STF.

Reply to
Tim Rogers